Her area of interests include skin cancers and dermatology surgery particularly Mohs Micrographic Surgery. She also sees general dermatology cases including acne, eczema, psoriasis and hidradenitis suppurativa. She is also a Visiting Consultant to the National University Hospital.
Sue-Ann was a Consultant and Assistant Professor with the National University Health System (NUHS) and the National University of Singapore (NUS), Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine (YLLSoM) respectively. She was also appointed as a Consultant in the National University Cancer Institute, Singapore (NCIS) where she was the Skin Tumour Group lead.
After completing her basic and advanced medical training, she was awarded the prestigious Academic Medicine Development Award by NUH to pursue further training in dermatology surgery and Mohs Micrographic Surgery in Ninewells Hospital, Dundee, Scotland.
Since 2016, she took up leadership positions in NUH’s Division of Dermatology and in education in YLLSoM. She was the Clinical Director for Dermatology (NUH), Deputy Undergraduate Medical Education Directors -Medicine (YLLSoM, NUS, NUHS) and Phase 3 Internal Medicine Posting Director (YLLSoM, NUS, NUHS). In 2020, she was awarded the Fortitude Award for her contributions to medical education during COVID-19.
Sue-Ann is able to speak English and Malay fluently and is conversant in Chinese.
- Published numerous peer-reviewed journals in her career
- Skin Tumour Group Lead, National University Cancer Institute
- Ex-Assistant Professor, Clinician Track, Department of Medicine, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore
- Visiting Consultant, Division of Dermatology, NUHS
- Best Audit Prize - The Mohs Surgery database: a 6-year experience with periocular tumours at the 45th Annual Scottish Dermatology Society Meeting 2015
- NUHS Academic Medicine Development Award (2014 - 2015)
- Fortitude Award (2020)
- Fellow of the Academy of Medicine, Singapore (Dermatology)
- Dermatological Society of Singapore
- Member of the Dermatological Society of Singapore
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians of the United Kingdom (MRCP(UK))
- Member of the British Association of Dermatologists